Couch Potato Education
Test your level for free
Three simple steps before starting a course
Find a course that suits you. If you don’t know your level, you can complete the free level test first, and then choose a class that suits your level. We will also provide a free 15-minute course consultation to provide learning advice.
Participate in a free trial class (25 or 50 minutes). After the trial class, the tuition fee of the trial class will be reduced, which means the trial class is for free. We will contact you to provide learning advice, arrange class placement and payment arrangements.
About a week before the class starts, an email will be sent to the Zoom link. Enter the classroom on time during the class time to start the class!
Online Children's Course
Online children's courses are suitable for children aged 3-15 at different levels, from the basics to C2 proficiency level. All languages are applicable.
There are age and level specific lessons for children up to 15 years old – covering grammar, reading, speaking, writing and listening. Teachers will make their own exercises and use kahoot, quizlet and small games to interact with students, so as to enhance children’s learning interest and comprehensively improve their language ability.
- Improve students’ language skills in all aspects, including reading, writing, speaking, grammar and listening
- Improve children’s interest in learning and allow them to learn through games
Children’s language courses will cover books, TV programs, tales with pictures, grammar filling exercises, interesting daily conversations, science facts and the planets and the world, interview skills, etc. In terms of English course textbooks, Big English, Oxford Discover and other series of textbooks will be used. Teachers will also make notes and exercises. Materials for other language courses are subject to teachers’ arrangement.
- Learn to read, organise and write accurate English sentences with new vocabulary
- Study topics they are familiar with and express their ideas in English
How to learn:
- Understand that everyone has unique likes, dislikes and interests
- Recognise similarities and differences in the daily lives of individuals
- Describe their own living environment (from bedroom to neighbours)
- Know how to express feelings and learn the attitude towards life
- Think about nature and how we coexist in this world
- Learn and practise new vocabulary through familiar topics from activities such as writing
- Build independent reading skills and develop an interest in a variety of topics
How to learn:
- Guide their imaginations through storytelling
- Be curious about nature and learn from the ocean to outer space
- Think and share tips on how to stay happy and healthy
- Explore how to be a good citizen
- Reflect on themselves, interests and aspirations for the future
- Learn to create stories and become more confident in English reading
- Express opinions and compare ideas using more complex structures
How to learn:
- Use their skills and knowledge to help others
- Explore social and environmental issues and find solutions
- Learn about geography, culture, ideas and inventions around the world
- Discover the beauty of art and learn more about sports
Online Course for Adults - Practical Everyday Language Course
It is suitable for students who need to live/study abroad/work/ students who want to learn practical English for daily life. According to the needs of students, they can comprehensively improve their English level, including grammar, vocabulary, spoken English, reading comprehension, writing skills, and listening skills! 【Different teaching materials and self-made handouts, arranged according to the level and needs of students】
Can understand and use familiar, specific expressions and very basic sentences that are related to their own life episodes, and able to introduce, ask, and answer personal information about themselves or others, such as residence, interpersonal relationship, and possessions.Able to respond to others in simple ways.
Can understand expressions or phrases that are frequently used in daily lives, such as basic personal and family information, shopping, geography, and employment, and can communicate with people on simple, routine tasks. Able to provide simple and direct information. Also, learners at this level can use simple words to describe their own background and familiar things.
Able to understand familiar things encountered in work, study environment, leisure environment. Able to respond to various possible situations when travelling in English regions, and can also put forward simple questions about things that one is interested in or familiar with. In addition, learners can describe experiences, events, dreams, wishes and ambitions, and give a brief explanation of their own opinions or plans.
Can understand the concrete and abstract themes of complex passages, including discussing their areas of expertise fluently, and able to interact routinely with native speakers naturally and fluently. Able to speak clearly and in detail on a wide range of topics and can provide explanations, pros and cons, or a variety of ideas on an issue.
Online adult courses are suitable for people aged 16 or above at different levels, from basic to C2 proficient level, all languages are applicable.
- Practical use of daily life phrases and sentence patterns through different themes, and get used to communicating in foreign languages
- Comprehensively improve language skills, including grammar, reading, writing, speaking, listening, etc.
- overcome the difficulty of speaking a foreign language in 4 lessons
Covers all daily life topics, through writing, reading, speaking, listening and grammar, with class discussions/games/role-plays/videos, etc.
Online adult language courses will use different teaching materials according to the language, and cooperate with notes and exercises created by the teachers. Refer to the picture below.
Online Language Test Course
Suitable for students who want to apply for various language examinations
- understand the level of students and their strengths and weaknesses in different aspects via a pre-class test
- Customise courses according to students’ strengths and weaknesses, so as to comprehensively improve both listening, speaking, reading and writing to deal with the exam
- Provide mock exams at different stages of the course to make students more familiar with the exam mode and improve learning effectiveness
Covers all exam skills and practical training, including writing, reading, speaking, listening, and grammar. Students can practise spoken language with native speakers to quickly improve conversational skills.
The online language test course will use different test materials according to the language, and cooperate with notes and exercises created by the teachers.
After acquiring a certain level, students can arrange to take the exam by themselves, and all language exam courses have preparatory classes.
The course is specially designed for students who intend to apply for various language examinations. All teaching materials and teaching content are compiled according to the scope of the examination. The tutors in charge are all qualified for the examination and can teach and share the examination experience from the first-person perspective.
- IELTS is highly recognised in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand. It is divided into four parts to assess candidates’ abilities in reading, writing, listening, and speaking. The full score is 9.0.
- TOEFL is highly recognised in the United States and Canada. It is divided into four parts to assess candidates’ ability in reading, writing, listening and speaking. The full score is 120 points.
- TOEIC mainly assesses candidates’ ability to communicate in English in an international workplace environment. It is divided into two test papers to assess candidates’ reading and listening skills. Both are multiple-choice questions. The total score of the two papers is 990 points.
The Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) is a Japanese proficiency test developed by the Japan International Exchange Foundation and the Japan International Educational Support Association for learners whose native language is not Japanese. The grades are divided into N1 to N5. (N1 is the highest level)
DELF and DALF are internationally recognized diplomas issued by the French Ministry of Education, and are language appraisal exams specially designed for people from non-French-speaking countries. DELF is divided into A1, A2, B1, B2 and DALF is divided into C1 and C2. The six levels are in line with the six levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages CEFR.
The Diploma in Spanish (DELE) and the Service for International Evaluation of Spanish (SIELE) are official proficiency tests established by the Spanish Ministry of Education for non-native Spanish speakers. DELE is a traditional paper-and-pencil test, divided into six levels: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, and C2; SIELE is a computer-based test, with five levels: A1, A2, B1, B2, and C1. The six levels of the Common Language Framework of Reference CEFR fit.
The Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) is a learning direction and proficiency test developed by the National Institute of International Education for non-Korean learners and Korean expatriates. It is divided into two levels, TOPIK I and TOPIK II. for grades 1 to 6. (Level 6 is the highest)
Putonghua proficiency test is a language examination system issued by the three national ministries and commissions (State Language Work Committee, State Education Commission, Ministry of Radio, Film and Television), the purpose of which is to examine the standard level of Mandarin Chinese mastered and used by native speakers of Chinese dialects. . The examination is divided into three levels, and each level is divided into two grades, A and B.
Online Cambridge English Course
Cambridge English Test is one of the world’s most authoritative English proficiency tests, and our courses are designed for students who want to apply for the test. The test is divided into different levels. It aims to evaluate children’s English ability in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Our tutors will use professional teaching materials and understand the strengths and weaknesses of students to help students improve their confidence and ability to deal with the test.
Cambridge English: Elementary Examination (YLE) is an internationally recognised English test established by the Cambridge University Examinations Bureau, designed to assess the abilities of students aged four or above in four aspects of English listening, speaking, reading and writing. The exam is divided into three levels: Starters, Movers, Flyers. Candidates who achieve good results in the Cambridge English test will receive an internationally recognised certificate to prove their English proficiency.
- Basic Exam Level 1
- Participants: usually 4-6 years old (K2 to P1)
- Examination Content:
- Recognise colours
- Talk about personal information
- Write basic words
- Basic Exam Level 2
- Participants: usually 6-8 years old (P1-P3)
- Examination Content:
- Understand the basic instructions in English
- Fill out a simple form and answer questions about the individual
- Answer simple questions after reading the story
- Participants: usually 8-12 years old (P3-P6)
- Examination Content:
- Explain the difference between two stories or pictures in English
- Write or tell simple stories in English
- Asking questions and using the past tense
- Participants: usually 11-14 years old (P5-F2)
- Examination Content:
- Answer and ask questions about yourself and others
- Understand simple notices and instructions
- Share what you hear and read with others
The test is divided into three parts, namely reading and writing, listening, and speaking. The speaking test will be tested by another candidate.
- Participants: usually 11-14 years old (P5-F2)
- Examination Content:
- Express personal feelings and discuss them with others
- Comprehend oral and written signs and instructions
- Writing personal letters or taking notes during meetings and discussions
The test is divided into three parts, reading and writing, listening, and speaking. The speaking test will be tested with another candidate.
Suitable for K2-P6 students
- Allow students to improve their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills according to their level, and be able to use English grammar effectively and correctly
- Explore question-answering skills so that students can better grasp the exam mode
- The courses are taught by British tutors, so that students can experience more British culture
Covers all daily life topics, including writing, reading, speaking, listening and grammar, with class discussions/games/role-plays/videos, etc.
Online Cambridge English courses will use official Cambridge textbooks, with notes and exercises made by teachers.
Online Phonics Course
Suitable for preschool children or K1-P3
- Learn 42 natural pronunciations of English through nursery rhymes and small games, and send learning to entertainment
- It is the best time to train childrens’ standard English pronunciation when they have just started learning a language. The courses are taught by foreign teachers, which provides chances for children to communicate with native English-speaking teachers.
- Effectively training children’s English listening and speaking skills, and practising fluent English.
- Guide children to group Phonics pronunciation together. Starting from simple and progressing with more complexed Phonics combinations, which also improves children’s confidence in speaking English
- Enrich children’s English vocabulary
It is suitable for children who have not started school / preschool children / children who have just started to learn English. It covers English spelling and pronunciation, which builds a good language foundation for children, and allows them to speak English more fluently, and helps with future language learning! 【Provide class materials and exercises, no need to purchase additionally】
- Learn to identify vocal characteristics and pitches such as volume, intensity, speed and rhythm
- Learn to distinguish, imitate and improve English pronunciation
- Study what Phonics is
- Improve English words spelling
Online IELTS Course
Reading, writing and listening test skills taught by local teachers + Speaking practised with foreign teachers and thus quickly attain the ideal score!
Cover all the test skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, guide the direction of test preparation, improve your score quickly, and reach the target score! 【Provide class materials and test paper exercises, no need to purchase additionally】An average of 20-30 lessons can increase 0.5 points!
IELTS test is divided into two categories, candidates can choose which type of test according to their own needs:
- General training
Students can consolidate their English foundation in a limited time, and targeted guidance on the scope of the IELTS test is provided, so that students can also make rapid progress in the four aspects of listening, speaking, reading and writing. Students can effectively master the use of English, understand and respond to questions in listening and speaking tests, and can easily master skills in reading and writing to improve their scores.
Not only can you keep up with the speed of the recording in the listening test and write down the answers, but you can also respond to the examiner’s questions with sufficient content and fluent pronunciation in the speaking test. In terms of reading and writing, which are the difficult part for many candidates, after the test preparation class, students can use exam techniques in reading comprehension and reviewing questions to find the most accurate answers in a limited time and strive to get more points.
It is suitable for students with a strong basic English level. After the test preparation class, students can better capture the listening content of IELTS, strengthen their confidence and elaborate their ideas in the speaking test. In terms of reading and writing, students can also improve and master the skills of reading articles and how to deal with the IELTS test in a targeted manner, tackle various forms of test questions confidently in writing, and elaborate on the arguments and arguments related to the topic.
Suitable for student who wants to take the IELTS test
- improve students’ English level in the four test papers, including reading, writing, speaking, grammar and listening, for both students studying for the academic mode or the general mode
- Allow students to have sufficient preparation before the exam and achieve the ideal score.
- Listening test: students can learn about the types of questions that may be encountered in the listening test, including speeches, two-person dialogue, etc., through the course, and thus master the skills of the test mode.
- Speaking test: 1-to-1 practical training with foreign teachers, simulating various situations and procedures that will be encountered in the oral test, includes training on popular and common topics in the test, including sports, technology, life, art and other fields, strive to let students to elaborate their ideas.
- Reading test: Master time management and reading skills through practice in previous years’ test papers and mock test papers, and learn related vocabulary for common topics, including vocabulary on topics such as technology, culture, nature, and personal social interaction.
- Writing test: Explain in detail for both the Part A short essay and Part B long essay of the IELTS writing test, train the speed of writing short essays with special effects, and strengthen the ability to deal with all writing topics such as flow charts, comparing data, and analysing changes. When writing a long essay in Part B, students will learn how to write an essay with a complete structure and rich vocabulary. The course will introduce the introduction, content and ending of essays, courses content will be adjusted according to the needs of students.
The IELTS test preparation course will use the Expert IELTS series of textbooks, with notes and exercises made by the teachers.
Study with students from all over the world